Wednesday 3 August 2011

Combination of ideas and Laser cutting - Week 3 Wed

Finished laser cutting! now to assemble the pieces and create my final design.
     Laser cut piece 1

Laser cut piece 2


Initial concepts and laser cut sheets

Correlation between initial idea and final idea

Front Elevation


Plan

The idea behind the patterned laser cuts on the front elevation is inspired by the tessellations on the old railway station walls. I used these patterns as I would like to awake to a mellow and weak light in the morning from the patterns created by these cuts. I also investigated the idea of a golden ratio which would have been applied to the making of the railway station. In mathematics and the arts, two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio of the sum of the quantities to the larger quantity is equal to the ratio of the larger quantity to the smaller one.

I will now start my matrix and keep the blog updated with more progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment