Thursday 11 August 2011

Sustenance - Stop Motion animation progress Thursday


 Unfinished Stop Motion video
After experimenting around on Sony Vegas 9.0 I have parts to my stop motion video. I have found out to edit stop motion but it is quite time consuming as i haven't found out the auto resize tool!
I have also looked into the meaning of the words i will be fusing into my design elements for the final architectural object.

 

 con·tem·po·rar·y/kənˈtempəˌrerē/

Adjective: Living or occurring at the same time.
Noun:
A person or thing living or existing at the same time as another
.

In my view contemporary means something that will always be changing for different eras. Therefore i could incorporate something that changes/moves as the time changes. To research how the word contemporary would relate to our site I went to have a look at the contemporary buildings within our designated triangle such as the National Library at 8 Stanley Street.


Side view of national library

tech·nol·o·gy/tekˈnäləjē/Noun

1. The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, esp. in industry: "computer technology"; "recycling technologies".
2. Machinery and equipment developed from such scientific knowledge.

Technology is my means of sustenance and what keeps me alive. Examples of this are social networking sites and mobile phones.We are in constant contact with technology almost every minute of our lives.

Some architects i have been looking at for inspiration are the contemporary architects such as Zaha Hadid and Frank Gehry. The form and structure of their designs communicate the idea of movement and seem as if they are moving themselves.


Site:
My site i have chosen is in-between the Nokia building and an apartment block. I chose this specific area because i wanted a site that would be close to contemporary buildings so the architectural structure i would design would not look out of place. This would also be a place where people could socialize and connect with others through screens.
Site in-between Nokia building and apartment block





No comments:

Post a Comment