Monday 1 August 2011

Discussion with Tutors - Week 3 Mon

After discussing my ideas with my tutors I am now progressing into the laser cut model. I am doing more work into my initial model i created to form interesting light patterns. I am focusing on the patterns especially on the tile work in the interior of the old railway station.

Interesting patterns on the roof tiling

Tessellations on inner walls

Symmetry between each of the columns

Looking at the interior of the building reminded me of the ancient Greek architecture such as the Parthenon where the 'golden ratio' would be applied to buildings and patterns to make them more aesthetically pleasing. I also felt this idea of the golden ratio could be applied in my patterns for my lampshade.

To learn to laser-cut objects we were told to learn how to use Adobe illustrator. I am gradually learning about Adobe illustrator as I work. I found this website quite helpful for beginner tutorials on Adobe illustrator:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2007/02/03/adobe-illustrator-tutorials/

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment