Wednesday 14 September 2011

Final Design - Gathering Week 6-7

This is my final design for the gathering section of our 8 week project on Second Life.
Perspective

Side Elevation

End elevation

Facing towards St. Pauls Church

Windows towards Anzac Ave

View down the hill



Teleporter to 3rd floor

 My building I have created has 3 stories to it. The first story is for the engineer and all his calculations and space for book shelves. The second level is for the accountant and Architect. This is raised above the ground and gives the effect of a tranquil space. The top story is for the musician where they can play music and be the furthest away from pedestrians and traffic flows. the sound produced by the musician will not effect others as the sound travels upwards.


My precedent building was the Niaux Cave entrance designed by the italian architect Massilimilano Fuksas. After examining the Niaux Cave I have changed my building to have more verticalities then horizontalities. The main structure and form is based from contemporary architecture with some organic aspects. I wanted an open plan space that would merge the interior with the exterior hence the addition of glass railings towards the park side. To have nature closeby was one of my main focuses. A series of interlocking spaces that would seamlessly integrate nature and the building.

"recognise and accentuate natural beauty"
-Frank Lloyd Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment